Three words. It. gets. better.
Throughout my journey of improving my mental and emotional health, one of my greatest weapons has been hope. I can always appreciate my progress and recognize my growth when I am feeling hopeful.
It’s taken me a little while to come to this conclusion, and I still raise my eyebrows at myself a little when I think about it. But, I honestly don’t regret going through the period of anxiety in my life because it’s taught me a lot about myself and shown ways I can help others. And the best part, is that it doesn’t last forever, and it will get better. That is reason enough for us to have hope.
In hopes (punny) that it might help someone else through a hard time, or remind someone that there is always hope, I want to share a few of my favorite reminders about hope.
1. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12)
2. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:6-7)
3. Before something great happens, everything falls apart. (unknown)
4. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
5. Sometimes we can learn, study and know, and sometimes we must believe trust, and hope. (M. Russell Ballard)
6. Hope is a choice, choose it.
7.Hardships often prepare ordinary people for extraordinary destiny (C.S. Lewis)
8. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6)
9. A single thread of hope is still a very powerful thing. (unknown)
10. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
What are some of your favorite quotes about hope?